Thursday, July 28, 2011

Photography Challenge - Week 1



{Week 1:  Self Portrait}



I did this one last night. I had my hair all up in a the messy pony and then I started "getting ready".  My husband gave me a strange look as I threw on my pearl necklace (we were done eating and it was basically wind down time) so I explained "The Challenge" I would be participating in. I waited until he left to go pick up kids then basically stood at our front door and started snapping. My 1 year old was sitting on the floor right by me just staring. I bet he was shocked because usually, I have that camera in his face. What was Mommy doing? Ha, ha! 

I did try and get a few pictures outside because I thought the light would be much better but they were not turning out and the neighbors came outside to water plants so I ran inside. Ha, ha!

I have a Sony DSLR but I do not have a tripod or remote, so it was the extended arm self photography I guess. It took a few tries but I eventually got one that didn't give me 17 chins. 

I think I may have over-edited this one though. Live and learn right?!






9 comments:

Rosa B. said...

Ha! I had to laugh over your attempts to get a shot you are happy with - sounds very much like my attempts! :) I have the camera pointed at my kids so often that it seemed rather strange to have the lens pointing at me! ;) And they 17 chins... I can relate! :P I also did the extended arm self photography. Nice shot! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your story...I had somewhat of a tricky time getting a shot too! I think the editing looks great. I love the look! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment!

Carolyn said...

I like the photo. Good work Dot. :)

Jessica McCoy said...

I love your pic!! Can't wait see others you post in this challenge! :)

Alicia said...

HAHA I definitely relate to the chin comment. I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the self portrait... I didn't even bother taking out my ponytail for mine! Can't wait to see next weeks... I'm guessing a lot of us will be turning the cameras back on our kids for that one! =)

Tracy Crosby said...

I think it's cool! Gives an Alfred Hitchcock kind of vibe. :) Kudos!

I just became a follower, and would love for you to do the same!!

Violetpaperwings.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Love the look of your picture! I love the background story of it too, makes it so much more real!!

Laura Beth said...

I think we'll all be happy to get the self portrait out of the way! Now on to the fun stuff! Thanks for linking up :)

Kate at Dream To Life said...

My next step is to get a tripod and remote! I don't have them either :>) Hence my picture taken into the mirror! And I do the same thing at my house - run inside when the neighbors are out and about. Oh the perils of living in condo...lots of people watching as you work on blogging projects!