Thursday, July 21, 2011

Party People.

It's almost party time. Yikes. We are not even close to being ready for my little man's 1st Birthday Party.

On Saturday, just 2 short days away, we will have 30+ people over for Jack's party. (Insert Macaulay Culkin scream from Home Alone here.) I have so much to do. Scrub floors. Re-clean kid's bedrooms that are not quite up to par. Do the pile of laundry left over from the 4th of July - sitting in the laundry room. Vacuum and re-vacuum the dog hair that just loves to present itself over and over and over like tumble weeds on our hard wood floors... At least we have the Dyson, that thing is heaven sent. Never have I been more excited to do floors.

I swear I'm going to have an anxiety attack just thinking about this all. I keep thinking of all the things we need to get done and then it's like I'm some sort of computer that friztes out on overload. Too. Much. Now my house is NOT a hoarder's house by any means but I seem to think every inch must be perfect. What if someone went in the basement closest downstairs and saw how un-organized it is. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I want it to be perfect.

We have the moonwalk rented. We ordered the cake. We ordered the cupcakes. We then added Lemon Bars to our order because really, we need them too. I blame Byerly's bakery for this. Bakery Chick - you should have told me NO when I wanted that lemon bar. We still have to make our Costco run to get our sandwiches because really - we are not going to be cooking at all during this, and by we I mean my Husband.

I want to do something unique and realize I'm running out of time. Any good ideas for a keepsake for Jack that incorporates the party guests? If I don't come up with something really cool, I'll just do the whole "have the guests sign the matted pic frame with his cake filled face pictured". I did that for Ella and its HUGE. And still in her room. She still reads it and asks questions about her first birthday party so maybe I'll just do that. Who knows but I gotta figure it out SOON. Like today soon.

I have my oldest at home cleaning and switching laundry as we speak. I just keep chatting her and she's doing it. She is also doing it without any sort of push back. Hmmm. I'm not an idiot. Something is up. She wants something. She actually just did ask my Husband if she could go to Lil Wayne. We said no. She'll have to wait a few years before we'll go to that concert. Unless Usher is there with him. Then we'd go, well, I would.

I am so busy with trying to figure out this party I'm forgetting the point here. My baby is almost 1. My last baby. 1. Growing. Older. Every. Day. Makes me sad.

This applesauced face will soon be a cake covered face. (His Sister Ella helped feed him dinner one night, I wasn't drunk I swear.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is his birthday tomorrow??-- the 22nd? My Bailey's is tomorrow. :)

I totally understand about the party. It's mentally and physically exhausting. Note: don't get too tipsy. It's your SONS b-day not yours, mom. ;)

Hope things go well.

THE Stephanie said...

Awe. What a cutie! Don't stress over the party, just have fun!

Carolyn said...

I'm right there with you sister! haha

Krista said...

You and me both, lady! Crazy first birthday's!

We're going to do the picture frame sign the mat thing. I think I'll also try to get a picture of J with each of the guests so she can have a picture book of it with there names in it it (probably from Shutterfly).

That might be a neat memory keepsake.

We waited until the last minute to try and hire a maid to clean. No luck. Luckily, my mother is in and willing to help, but we're going to cut corners - cobwebs, toilets, floors, mirrors, and countertops only. No closets. If the guests opens a closet up and gets a face full of falling crap - their own fault I say!!