Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Honey, we got Tp'd.

So yesterday as I was road ragging driving home from work, I thought about how my oldest was now 14 and how fast time flies. Holy crap. She's going into HS this year. Homecoming Dances. Football games. Soccer Games. Basketball Games. Hockey Games. (She'll be cheering at them all. That should keep her out of any trouble I hope!) Half-time performances. Peer pressure. Oh god, peer pressure.

So what did I do? I opened a bottle of wine after dinner. Just needed to reflect and start planning my next move. This is a whole new ball game of parenting. I cannot fail her. Crap. What are we going to do? I wish I could pause where she's at. Well, rewind a few years back to say...11. That was doable. It's funny a thing, this whole parenting. Every year has it's own little kinks. "Terrible Two's" etc. I need a manual.

Justin and I talked about what our next moves would be in this game.  We decided against some of the ideas like "lets lock the doors every night with a screw gun or get camera's installed." Those scream crazy people. We are not crazy people. Not yet anyways.  11:15 pm rolls around and that's pretty late for a work night, we should get to bed. So we go down stairs to where our Master Suite bedroom is and lights out.

Fast forward to this morning. Justin is feeding Jack his bottle while I'm getting ready for work. I hear him coming downstairs a little earlier than usual and he say's "honey, we got tp'd."

Huh.

"We were tp'd" he says again.

"How do you know?" I ask. Really. How do you think he knows idiot?

"I was feeding Jack and saw it blowing around outside." DUH. For the record, I'll blame the wine consumption combined with lack of sleep and stress of children.

Now, I did my fair share of tp'ing back in High School. It was the thing to do during Homecoming Week. Drive around and tp anyone older. Or School Staff. We got them too. There may have been eggs involved in some instances. At least we weren't out doing drugs right?

So I go outside and survey the damage. Thinking of how mad I'll be if it rains before we get this mess clean.

Rookies! I actually had to laugh. Not that I will give tips to my Daughter or her friends. It was definitely a rushed job. They left a pile of plastic forks on the sidewalk along with a pile of rubber bands. Ha! We were almost forked and almost rubber banded. For those not up on the vandalism lingo, you stick the plastic forks into the grass all over the front yard. Then, pieces break off and it's nearly impossible to get all the pieces out of your yard. As for the rubber bands. You spread those out all over the drive way. It's not very easy to sweep up rubber bands from your drive way. Try it. Will drive you insane, instantly.

I have vision's of setting up a nice chair in our front bushes (if we had front bushes, this is just a vision remember) with a bottle of wine and the hose ready to go. I could sit there all night waiting.

I will leave you today with photos of the job NOT well done.






and




So it begins.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Ha! That's awesome! She's got friends that love her...at least that's what it meant for us when we did it in high school.

That is a pretty amateur job, though.

I'd never heard of the rubber banded thing before.

But I have done the koolaid thing when there's dew every morning. You spread koolaid powder all over the yard and when it gets slightly damp it turns the ground all different shades of colors.

Now, do you make your daughter clean it up or do you help her do it?

Anonymous said...

Newbie to your blog... Howdy!!

Oh... the TP days. Seriously, it seemed like so much fun back then, huh??

I'm guesstimating.. approximate 8-10 mins cleanup??? Puuuh-lease! Amateurs. ;)

THE Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness. I've done my fair share of tp'ing and forking (um, that sounds weird) too.

My oldest is 11 and I think that's not doable!! What will I do when she's 14??

Ugh... I need wine.

THE Stephanie said...

And hey, I just noticed your daughter's name is Taylor! That's my son's name.

My daughter is Ashton and both of them always tell me how they should have had each others names, b/c they insist that Ashton is only a boy name and Taylor is only a girl name.

Kids...

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Omigosh, that is too funny!!! It was not a positive thing for us in high school unfortunately.. but I did have an entire yard full of big arse trees and I think that's the excitement! One night- about 4 kids were out there doing it-- my Dad went out there with a shot gun (Texas) and scared the ever livin' crap out of the kids. They had to return at daybreak and clean it all up. HOW EMBARRASSING for them..... and ME! agh!!

Jessica McCoy said...

Happy Belated birthday to Taylor!!!

Maybe it the first time these kids have tried their hand at TPing. They must have some knowledge though if they knew about the forks and rubber bands. (I had no clue).

I never was a rebel in high school. I never TPed anyone or had it done to me. :( Sad lol.