Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm the paparazzi yo.

I have children, so I take a lot of pictures. I'll take like 10 pictures of my kids doing nothing. Why? Because it's cute duh. Do I develop all 10 of these sweet love filled pictures? No.

I found the most adorable photo-editing lady on etsy.  I took photo's from the series I call "The faces of Jack" (yes, I named them all) and turned it into a super cute Birthday Invite! BAM!

Link to Kara the awesome Etsy lady here. Your welcome!
(She's Jimmy John's freaky fast too! Like hours and you have your proof.)

**************************

While I was uploading photo's from the 4th, I came across another fun series of pictures of Ella. First, I'll give you a mental picture.
 
At the lake we like to do bonfires. At the bonfires, beer is consumed by the boys, mixed drinks or wine by the girls. It's fun. People tip over, tell stories and there are even s'more's involved. The kids stay for the first hour maybe then off to bed they go. The "adults" (used loosely because really, no one acts like one at the bonfire, let's be real) stay out as late as 3am. The next morning, is bonfire cleanup. Things get left behind. Coolers, koozies, cans, boxes of graham crackers - you get the idea. 

Ella likes to wake up early and head down to visit Grandma every morning for breakfast. If no one answers at her cabin she comes back and hang's out with the dogs. Well one morning after a bonfire (which I was not in attendance, pretty sure I was checked out by 11pm.) she's out playing with the dogs. I look out the window again, and I see her with a Miller Lite can and her Uncle Ryan's cowboy hat on. Just walking around the cabin, no big deal.

After my eyes bugged out of my head (there are many cabins up there with people outside, probably looking up cps as I stare with my mouth wide open) and I called Justin over to come see this - then I called her in for questioning.

"Ella WHAT are you doing with THAT?"

"Oh, Ryan must have left his hat at the bonfire last night. I better keep it for him until he get's back from golf." 
 
 "No, not the hat THAT!" as I point to the Miller.

"Oh, this was in our yard so I just dumped it out in the lake" she explains.

NBD. 

I explained the whole "grown up" drink, blah, blah, blah. Please don't do that again speech. She agreed. Not a word from the other cabin peeps either, so at least they don't think we let our child drink Miller Lite for breakfast.

Here she is right after my great parenting speech. (Excuse the un-brushed hair. It's early and it's up at the cabin.)



Here is Uncle Ryan, from the day before at the Island.


Good thing I'm a closet blogger and he'll never know I shared this gem of a photo!

Have a good weekend Ladies!




 
 

6 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

So cute!!I may have to try out this "Jimmy John's freaky fast" lady!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Love that story. And those invites are seriously the cutest!!! If I had a kid, I would so use those!

Jessie said...

OOOO MMMM GEEEE! Baby Jack... ADORABLE!!! That is the cutest idea! Great find!

Anonymous said...

"Jimmy Johns Freaky Fast" ??? Holy Cow-- that must be fast!
-- Hilarious too!

Very cute idea-- he is a cutie.

And I wear my hair like that all the time. Cabin or not.

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

OOH! I love finding fast and cute fun stuff on Etsy!! I'm a big picture taker too... and that hat is adorable on her!! Love the Uncle picture too!

KB said...

Uncle Ryan looks like he knows how to have a good time! Those are really cute pics, and I love that invitation!

PS, my word verification below to post this comment is "dungho". Hmmm...