Here in Minne (Minneapolis for those not sure what the h I'm talking about), it's turned into the rainforest. Which really, I would rather have than -72 degrees so I'm not complaining. I'm just saying. With the 81 degree dew point, it's actually like 115 degrees these past few days. Freaking humid. I know most of the country is in the same boat, but if you are not familiar, preheat your oven to oh, 350 and wait 5 minutes and open it up, stick your head in nice and close. There. That's what it's like here when we walk outside up here in these parts.
So what do I do? Spend as much time as possible out there! Why? Because we only get like 5 months of "nice" weather with no snow.
Yesterday, we went to the Twins vs.Cleveland game. Noon game = half day = happy me. It was warhhhrm. Like so warm, we left at the top of the 7th. Couldn't handle it, now I sat through tornadoish weather earlier this season, but this. Couldn't do it. Couldn't drink beer (hear that violin?), couldn't eat peanuts. Just sipping on the H20. We snapped a few pictures of Taylor and her friend and ran. Well, Justin ran to get the car. We stepped into the nearest bar with AC and refreshments and waited to be picked up. He's a man like that. "There's no sense in all of us walking 6 blocks in this, I'll come pick you girls up." Love him. Here are some of the photos of the girlies. Who by the way, put on tanning oil before they left for the game.
Lily & Taylor
(This glove is metal, it was a bit warm to the touch.)
Lily & Taylor with Kirby Puckett
(They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them to "fist pump!")
Lily & Taylor with Harmon Killebrew
(They had to either stand there and appear to be hit in the head or I couldn't see them on my phone.)
I didn't get one of Justin and I because I was a sweaty, nasty mess by this point. BUT we did go to Saturday's game too vs. Kansas City. Here is a picture from then. It was just as hot. I took one before I was sweating balls. This game was much better though. We won at least.
***********************************
In totally unrelated news.
Weird photo of the day goes to.... drum roll please?!?!?!
Me on the elliptical today over lunch.
I actually had my iphone with to listen to my jams after I was done reading my Kindle, so I don't normally do this sorta thing... I jumped on and saw it just staring at me and thought "I'll send it to Justin!" You know. Random. Funny? I would laugh anyway if I got this picture. I'm actually still laughing. Gross. Ha, ha!
I was working it out while taking a picture, which is not the easiest thing. Throws off your balance. At least I got my large self up there. For 40 minutes. Not too bad for being MIA for a while. I also didn't get Caribou OR a cookie today! Yay me!
Happy Tuesday lovies!
6 comments:
hahaha love the pic of you on the elliptical. You look good working out! :)
We don't have humidity over here on the this side of the country, thank goodness, since it has been 90+ degrees over here.
and baseball games are the best.
OMG. Elliptical pic = me laughing. Love it. I can just see you. :)
OMG. I just have to tell you... YOU ARE FREAKING HILAROUS! I was DYING laughing, almost peeing my pants throughout this post! So funny!
ALMOST spit my water out when you said "stick your head in the oven" haha!
Totally agree with you on the heat... It's been the same in Ohio, MISERABLE!
Girl!! Elliptical, no coffee or cookie?? You're my idol. :)
Yesterday? I didn't workout, I had Mexican food, a margarita, and a coffee. :) Today I will starve my self. LOL
Girl, I can totally relate with the sweat and heat... its brutal!! I can't make it through the day without my clothes being wet... yeah, TMI... sorry... Great pics from the game and I think that's a cute pic of you on the elliptical!! I love those things!! My toes go numb when I am on it, but I still feel like I'm bustin' a move! hah!
O-M-G...i despise winter so I always say you will never hear me complain about the heat, but CRIPES!
Post a Comment