The heat and humidity gave way a bit so it was actually (dare I say) comfortable outside for once. We walked up to the shelter area where the food and drink was and saw it. The pig. It was also a pig roast apparently. Now, no big deal right? Well, the girls were so disgusted/shocked/intrigued. Ella felt bad for Little Wilbur and Taylor sent her friends photos, she couldn't wait to send it to her vegetarian friend - whom by the way screamed when she got the picture. Girls can be so dramatic.
We all ate. Turns out the pig didn't do any damage to my girls - whew!
Then it was time for my Hubs to get in the dunk tank. That was pretty funny. It was in the name of charity. Good karma for all!
They also had potato sack races for the kids. Ella did great. She almost won - almost. It was pretty funny to watch, the slight decline in the grass provided for some unexpected spills for some kiddies. No injuries = complete success. She walked away $10 richer in the form of a Target Gift card too. I never had prizes like that when I did any "races". These kids don't know just how well they have it. I would win a spider ring or jacks or something lame like that. Ha, ha!
Here are some of my favorites from the day, labeled for easy explanation. Which turns out doesn't matter because I can't figure out how to line them up side by side. So just ignore those letters in the lower left. Thanks.
{Justin in the dunk tank, Ella throwing.}
{Taylor, Jack, Justin hanging out taking pretty pictures for yours truly.}
{Jack with Daddy - Jack's in another cute guess how old I am shirt.}
{The potato sack races. Ella's in the middle, blue tank top.}
{All kids were given a medal because - we are all winner's.}
{Jack watching all the madness that was the potato sack races.}
{Precious.}
{I think she thought that if she didn't make eye contact, I wouldn't take the picture...}








3 comments:
Company picnics are such fun! Although I have to say I agree with your girls on the pig...I just can't look at my lunch! Love all your pics from the day :)
We have my husbands company picnic this Sunday. I'm excited to meet everyone, BUT it's supposed to be about 1,000 degrees (or something like that! ;) and my hair doesn't do well in the humdity. Yes, that's what I'm worried about! :)
I love your pics! Your children are absolutely beautiful!
Oh my.... what fun!! :) The pics are great although I don't see YOU, missy!! ;)
Have a FAB day.
Post a Comment