Monday, December 12, 2011

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

Saturday evening we had two parties to attend. First, a family Christmas - no photos to show for that because my paparazzi like skills seem to be lacking... Then, we had an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I will re-cap that since I can jack some photos from Facebook.

The Ugly Christmas Sweater party involves the people who grew up on my Husband's childhood street, Sunset Drive (sounds like a movie kinda). He grew up in a smaller town and all the parents of the "kids" still live there. Every year, they get everyone together with their families and show off their best "Ugly Christmas Sweater".

As soon as we got there my oldest, Taylor went straight inside the Grandparent's house and went to bed. Here we learn a lesson...Never let your teen's have a sleepover the night before any event that requires them to be awake i.e. Family get-together. She is not in any of these pictures because she was getting her much needed beauty sleep.

Now, onto the photos.

{my Brother in law}
 
Look at his Santa shorts over his jeans. Oh yeah, his sweater says "Happiness is a homespun Christmas."



{How adorable are they? This is the Hubs Grandpa and his wife. I really want that apron...}

Grandpa had a flask on Saturday night. No joke. He carefully measured enough for 2 drinks and that's all he brought. He also planned out how many hours they would be staying. When they arrived around 7pm, he said to the girl who took their coats "Now, put ours on top of the pile. We will be leaving at 10pm." You know what? At 10pm on the dot, they were saying their good bye's. He's a man of his word that's for sure. I adore these two!

{Men in tights}

This has turned into anything embarrassing outfit now. Last year, my father inlaw dressed up as Uncle Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. See him below from last year.

{far right, that's Uncle Eddie my father in law.}


{Our family, minus Sleeping Beauty}

We got the crew together for a family photo. Notice, 2 are on Skype. That's my other Brother in law Ryan, and his beautiful girlfriend Angie who just moved out to Durham. Don't they photograph well? We had them on Skype all night. Just hanging out on the counter. So they were in Durham, NC but also MN at the party with us. I love Skype...Bringing families together since...{insert whenever Skype first launched.}

{The whole group. I love this photo}

Note the screaming baby {my Son Jack}, the couple making out, Skype couple again and a whole lotta bunny ears. All in all, a fun night and something we look forward to every year. This year, my Father in law pictured on the bottom, laying down, had 2 bells on his breast area. While we were playing dice {we love games, charades or dice at every family function} he kept flicking his bells to ring them. I was dying. Someone must have slipped him a cake shot. I will leave you with that mental picture of my father in law flicking his bells. 

Happy Monday everyone!!




2 comments:

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously. Best in laws ever. #jealous :)

KB said...

That is so funny!! We have an ugly christmas sweater party this weekend- our first. I'm so excited, but I have yet to find an ugly sweater. Tomorrow I'm going to get up close and personal with a goodwill store :)