Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"C" is for Cookie...

And now that song will not get out of my head!

One of my favorite things to do around Christmas is eat bake cookies. Every year, our family gets the ladies together for a day of wine, baking and football in between. Since the Viking's are not worth the mention, I will skip them and go straight for the wine and cookies, photo re-cap style.

First things first...you will need some wine eventually. 

I know, this is not a wine glass but it was festive.


Then you jump up and down when your future sister in law brings in a cheese ball.




Sugar cookie rolled in sprinkles with peppermint kiss. 
These were voted "Prettiest Cookie". They were also my 2nd favorite cookie. Yummm!


These were good too! I think chocolate espresso type of a cookie with powdered sugar.


These were chocolate chip cookies made with Andes Mints. So good!


Toffee cookies. 


These are my favorite. Ginger cookies with white chocolate chips. Be still my heart.


These are the "good for you" oatmeal/buttah cookie. We turned them into sandwiches because we were running out of room to store cookies.


The oatmeal again, frosted and sprinkled...


Ok. These are a tie for my favorite. Peanut butter blossom? Yes please!


Russian Tea Cakes. Can't have Christmas without them right?


Carmel puff corn. Yummmm!


If these sugar cookies won't turn you into a diabetic I don't know what will...
{Can you tell this was Ella's specialty of the day? Screams 7 year old doesn't it?!}


SO

MANY 

COOKIES!!!!




He was not having that necklace.


6 hours and 700+ cookies later? We were done! Now, I wonder where that extra weight gain comes from?


5 comments:

Carolyn said...

OH YUM.

Mrs. Mama said...

omg i just went to sweetness heaven. you just killed me with these pictures... seriously.

Asha said...

WOW! They all look sooo delicious, you would have to try them all at least once!

Since it's inevitable to gain some holiday weight that looks like a great way to do it :)

Summer-Raye said...

OH MY. I JUST DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN

Anonymous said...

ok please tell me the recipe for the espresso cookie!!!