For those of the weak stomach...STOP reading now.
First off. Every body poops, blah, blah, blah.
I can't believe I'm actually going to write this but since I just came from the powder room, I apparently need to get a few things off my chest.
There are some behaviors that take place in the, umm... ladies room that really make me uncomfortable. Key word here is "ladies room". I do not have any of these issues in my own home.
Away game - I just can't do it. I will make myself sick all day, refraining. IF it's an absolute emergency and emergency only, I will quickly change my shoes {you know you look at people's shoes at work if you suspect something} and will frantically make my way to the elevator to get to the bathroom 3 floors away where I will then PRAY that no one comes in, this is practically the secret bathroom but it has happened before. I was once stuck in a stall, waiting out an old lady who took FOREVER to change out of her gym clothes. Pretty sure I was sweating but I was waiting her out that's for sure.
Flatulence - I swear sometimes I have the maturity level of a 14 year old boy. I just think its funny. BUT when its taking place in the stall right next door, makes me uncomfortable. Now when my baby boy does it, I laugh and think of how funny it is. There is a difference there.
Stranger flatuance = bad.
Friendly flatulence = funny
Now, I'll move on to the thing that really makes me uncomfortable. Say you've drank a gallon of water and you need to empty that bladder, nice and quick. The instant you walk into the bathroom, your trying to figure out what stall NOT to go in, for fear of suffocation. {I have found this time of year to be the worst. People are eating crap.} Only to find out the culprit is still in there, with you. DUN, DUN, DUN. {Almost the same feeling as being chased here.} Your frantically finishing up your business, washing your hands and trying to beat them out of the bathroom simply because, here it is, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH THEM.
Why on earth would you leave the stall when you just hear someone washing their hands. Hang out a second would you culprit? You just made it awkward for me.
Talking on the phone while your in the stall? That's definitely a no, no! Don't make feel bad for flushing. Thank you very much.
So there's more that bug of course but the subject is actually grossing me out now... My Husband is going to love this post.
I hope you still like me.
6 comments:
so funny! I just always seem to wander in the public bathroom that looks like it was last used by drunken frat boys. You nailed it when you said LADIES room. I've also had discussions with other friends about the women's bathroom and just women's uhm hygiene. Like, did your mom not teach you how to deal with that thing you get every month? GROSSSSSSS
I could not stop laughing while reading this post. Everything you said was true! Especially the part about the eye contact!
:)
XO Lourdes
Too funny! The phone talk is soo true! I always cringe when I flush. Not anymore!!! Thanks for teaching me to be a flush bully.
Have a fab day!
thisishilarious. welcome to the world of fart where? {my todays post} You say I made you LOL, well this by far isn't only the most truthful post but quite freakN hilarious! Thank you for making my day!
Ohhh and just for SHITS {sorry I felt it was appropreiate} & giggles - it was NOT me who farted in the tub water. {my husband is going to kill me}
OH MY GOSH, this is why I love you! (in a totally normal, blog friend way! ;)) This is my post, word for word, you just wrote it! :) Seriously! Working in an office environment I guess the bathroom is just ALWAYS going to be a place of controversy and awkwardness! :) The part about "the culprit" leaving the stall while your trying to wash your hands...JUST happened to me this morning!!! I can hear them flush, and going to go open the door so to avoid ALL awkwardness I'M the one rushing like a crazed lunatic to get out of there. UM NO, "the culprit" can hear me washing my hands...JUST WAIT A SECOND! YOU should be the one to feel uncomfortable, not me!! :) TOO FUNNY!!!
And yes, strangers farts...TOTALLY uncomfortable and awkward! :)
One of your favorite posts yet (is that sad since it's about bathroom usage? ;))
OMG! Why am I just coming across this now. For real. Do we need to make signs outside the bathroom?!?!?!??! LOL
Post a Comment