It's Monday. Miscellany Monday to be exact. Linking up with lowercase letters!
1. Friday night, we went Downtown (Minneapolis) to celebrate my Husband's, Cousin's Birthday - so I guess my Cousin too! First of all, I do not enjoy "going out" downtown.
Let me list a couple of reason's why I do not like weekends Downtown:
- Too much drama
- I work downtown so it may remind me of work
- Cabs get spendy - no one wants to drive home
- The bathrooms smell like urine
- I recently viewed the cities "Violent Crimes" map by precinct since I work downtown. Scary stuff. Happening all within blocks of me every day. Gun shots, assaults, rape. To make it better, I tell myself, "they are probably all sleeping during the day. I'm safe."
From L-R: SIL Molly, the Husband, Corey the Birthday Boy, Me, Jess (BIL's GF) and BIL Chad.
Not sure why we all look pink, I stole this from one of their fb's.
The party started at 9pm, and we were the first one's there at 9pm. Ha, ha! That's why no one is around us in the photo above.
L-R: Husband, Corey, Me
The name of the band playing that night was, no joke, F*cking Sick. They were pretty good too! They were a 2 man show. The lead singer played the piano and the other guy sang and played drums. I would definitely see them again if I was a roadie type. The name still kills me. Ha, ha!
He'll be hustling by the time preschool starts.
3. Also on Thanksgiving, we tried "The Popcorn Trick". Have you seen this one floating around online? The one that leads you to believe that if you have 4 cell phones, you can pop 4 kernels of corn? You just need to have all phones ring simultaneously. Well my friends, that is a lie. We tried.
Fail.
Happy Monday!





4 comments:
BAHAHAHAHA. I love that you tried that.
I hate downtown too. Call us old... but I call us too cool. Almost like islands...
I love how you tried that. You should audition for Mythbusters.
I will join in and say that I LOVE that you tried this... Hi-lar-i-ous!!
I will also join ya with the looking forward to Christmas break.-- *sigh* Geeeeez
hahahaha. Fail. I love it. I've tried this as well. A total fail. but would you believe we tried again like an hour later. lol. we were that bored. love this post, girlie. thanks for sharing, love. If you get a second I'd love to hear what you think of my latest outfit. I shot it in front of Dee's house from Clueless. I'm sorta obsessed. lol. xo
http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment