So ready or not...
1. Go back five years, would you have pictured your life as it is now or would it have been different? If so, how or why?
2006. Seems like an entire lifetime away for me. I had a 9 year old little girl and a 2 year old little girl. I was 27 years old and miserable in my marriage desperate for a way out. I had previously been working part time, so I could spend as much time with my girls as possible. I loved that I could do that -spend so much time with them, I will forever cherish those memories. But, I had to think about my future. Our future. Taking my first step on the very bumpy road that would become my life, I got a full time job. (I knew if I were ever wanted to really get out of that relationship, with my girls, I needed more money and a full time job to support us.) So I did just that. I got a full time job and began to plan out in my head how I would make my dream a reality. Don't get me wrong. I was not being beat up every day but this was definitely not a healthy relationship. I despised him. I made him sleep on the couch or would have the girls sleep with me so he would have to sleep there. There is so much more I could say that would take me forever. Just know it was not an ideal relationship and I did not want my kids to grow up with such memories.
I had always dreamed of having "Mr. Right" come into my life and my girls too. It seemed so distant and impossible at the time. But, it came true. It took alot of work, sweat, tears and of course good friends, but I made it happen. I am now married to the love of my life. I wouldn't want it any other way. Whoa, loaded question much?!
2. In a perfect world with no attachments, my career would be...
Attending to my family. Yes, I would love to be at home with my kids. With our dogs. With my messy house. I would also like to start some charity with something to do with helping pediatric oncology patients... Give back, teach my children and feel good about myself.
I would also have dinner ready for my Husband at 5pm every night (you said in a perfect world) and have my kids all snuggled in their beds by 8:30pm so I could wind down with the love of my life over a glass of wine (or a bottle). In a perfect world, sigh.
3. Name one thing you do {or don't do} that the world may think strange of you.
I often find myself so deeply invested emotionally in tragic stories. I read them, then can't stop thinking about them. It consumes me. Makes me sad. It's like I almost try and think about "what would I do" if that was me. Debbie Downer anyone? I could spend hours watching CNN or Nancy Grace. Don't even get me started on Casey Anthony.

7 comments:
I'm so proud of myself. I knew all of these answers. :) Love you and your adorable family.
i am the same way about the tragic stories!! I read them. cry. think about it all day. and PRAY that that doesnt happen to me or someone i know. Im a worry wort!!
OH MY GOSH, #3 is TOTALLY me times one million! :) Seriously! I follow SO many blogs/Caringbridge sites of sick children because I start reading their stories and can't stop. I pray for them, think about them a lot, and then think every time one of children gets sick it is something terminal! Not sure why we do this to ourselves! :)
thanks for your comment on my blog. i couldnt agree more with ya!
and i am a BIG crier myself. always have been. people's lives really touch and affect me....
have a great weekend :)
you are NOT strange for finding yourself deeply invested in tragic stories. I'm right there with you! I could read a fictional book and be mourning over it for days :(
Happy Friday!
Dottie, {this is gonna be an overloaded comment} - first let me say you are amazingly strong for realizing an unheathly relationship for you and your children. Kudos to you. Most woman stay, I should say a lot of woman. Kudos to getting out there and working to FIND your dream.
Let me just say, {you're gonna laugh} but I SOOO thought you were like 24, judging from your pictures. So when you said a 9 year old and a 6 year old, I think... my heart dropped. So YAY for you looking so fabulous! :)
#2 - I have that SAME dream. {Don't we all?}
Okay, so I totally thought I was the only who who thought I was insane for being drawn to horrible stories. However, it kind of goes with my number 2 answer... wanting to help situations like this.
Casey Anthony... Yeah, we better NOT go there. I'm sick to my stomach. That being said, I'd LOVE to hear a post about what you think about the situation, the story, the parents, and... the matter. I'm still not over it so it could maybe help some.
Also, with that being said, BECAUSE I'm nosie, but in a way that wants to learn and see life in others eyes.. I'm interested in your story with your first marriage. Being a newly-wed myself, I'd like to know what went wrong and such. ONLY if you chose to share. I know you are in a much better place, but I feel our past is a huge part of who we are.
Happy Saturday. Don't forget to link up this Thursday. MOre questions, more leaning about YOU!
PS - i think we are drawn to stories that are a struggle to read because we have hearts of lions and pieces of us what to help save the world. :)
Post a Comment