I did it.
I dyed my hair brown. I'm a brunette and it's so weird.
I feel like I don't match my kids. My kids have very light hair. I used to have light hair.
I'm not 100% sold on this yet (as if you couldn't tell).
You see, last night I had a hair appointment. I was ready. Something big. New Year new you? Ok.
"I'm thinking of going dark. Do you think that's a bad idea?" old blonde me asks the stylist.
"Oh! Your eyes will POP! It will look so good!" brunette stylist replies.
"Let's do it up!"
This is the result...
What do you all think? Should I just stop being such a baby? You should have seen my Son look at me with his big blue eyes this morning. It was like they were asking "are you my Mommy?"
I tried asking my Husband if it was bad and of course he answers, you look good both ways. It's like come on. You HAVE to have an opinion. Do you prefer it this way or the other way. I just want the truth.
To top it all off. My Husband just messages me a funny story about Ella, from their morning commute yesterday that he forgot to tell me. They were listening to the radio station's morning show. They were having people call in to fill in the blank. "I MARRIED A __________".
Ella shouts "you should call in!"
He laughs and says "oh yeah?"
Ella replies "yeah, you can say I MARRIED A HOBO!"
She immediately starts laughing like she's the funniest thing since Chelsea Handler.
Normally, I may have laughed. Today, not so much. Now I'm a hobo. Great.
I can already tell this day is going to be great.
Crap. What did I do?




6 comments:
I already told you this like 17 times on our walk for water... but I really do love it! :) Promise. Not kidding. I would normally insert "but I'd love you as a blonde too" but I know that's what got Justin in trouble, so I am NOT going there. haha :)
Omigosh, your eyes DO pop!!! I've allllways wanted to try a beautiful brunette like yours before, but I'm SO worried that I'd never "find" my strawberry blonde color once I'm ready to change back to my natural color. LOVE the change, just adorable! Good for you! And hobo?? Hilarious! :-D
Oh.. I like it too!! Thumbs up, sista!
And uhmm.. has it been ages since I have been to your blog or is your header recently new? Ugh--- I am soo behind!
You look great!!! I love it! My best friend did the same thing last year..did it, hated it, and then a week later she loved it. Your eyes really pop and just think after a few washes it'll lighten up a bit :)
Ohhhh, I really like it!!!! :)
Kids are hilarious! :)(not that you think it's funny now, but you'll look back and laugh one day, maybe! ;))
You are crazy, it looks great!! I really seriously do like it. I had a similar hair moment a while back, though. I cut my hair short and I didn't like it. I still don't like it! So I know how you feel, but I really do like the brunette :)
Post a Comment