Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tattoo love

Linking up with the always humors, always lovely Raven on her I heart tattoos. 

Go link and show us your ink. {Don't worry I can't won't quit my day job.}


A Mommas Desires and Pacifiers



I love me some tattoos. I love the stories that go behind the ink. Infact, pretty sure I've spent a better portion of my day reading all those who have linked up. Any who...

I have one tattoo. 

When I was 19, I decided to get my daughter's name inked on my upper back, just below my neck. Plain, simple, but meaningful...

{Taylor}

{Special shout out to Carolyn for taking this photo. At work. In my cube. Thanks love!}


I just did the math on this sucker and it's almost 14 years old. Someone needs a touch up, like 10 years ago.


Do I have plans for more?

Absofreakingloutely! I want 3 more, I think. You see I have since had 2 more children. I am always reminded that I do not have their names inked by my 7 year old. It's just not fair....she's right. So I have plans for the much needed addition.

Foot 
I'm thinking of doing an old fashion type key, with their names inside it somehow. Still working this out in my head.

Ring finger
Either a heart under my rings OR my husbands name.

Inside ankle
Cursive letter "D"

This post really makes me want another one, bad. Like now.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh I love the ring finger one. And the cursive D. And you know I'm obsessed with the key idea. Dang it. Now I wanna get inked up. haha

Anonymous said...

I like the ring finger one too!! Great idea.

I am too much of a chicken to do it. Maybe I just need to get all liquored up first. ;)

Raven said...

love it. so simple and your daughters name. I too plan on getting something somehow that has to do with my boys. Haven't quite figured out what exactly yet, but it's going to happen in the near future. Also, I totally want a ring finger tattoo. And since I already put hubs name on my ass, I will have to come up with something else to put there :)

Taylor said...

I think this is so cute! but from what my mother tells me your first is always your "test child" so here is the "test tattoo" right?! :) I love the cursive and is super adorable and I like that location! can't wait to see more!