Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prayers please

Please say a prayer for Jack Jablonski. He is a Sophmore in High School and was injured last week in a JV Hockey game. He went in for surgery today. You can read one of the articles here.

Breaks my heart. 



As a hockey Mom I feel something needs be be done. Checking from behind needs to stop. They need to eject kids who do this. Bottom line. Starting with the coaching, let them know it will not be tolerated. Ending with the officiating, immediately eject any player who hits from behind. Don't give them a 2 minute boarding penalty.  I get you have to play the body but to check from behind - no. Come on USA Hockey! I hope this gets their attention.

Even though we are strangers, I can't stop thinking about this kid and his family. Please say a prayer!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't know anything about hockey, and I have NO idea what checking from behind means. But my heart breaks for this family, and if there's something that could be done to prevent this, it absolutely should be done!

KB said...

My dad was a HS hockey coach and there was ZERO checking from behind allowed. So sad!