Thursday, August 4, 2011

Photography Challenge: Week 2



{What makes you smile.}


This week's challenge was "What Makes You Smile". This was hard to narrow it down to just one picture. I did however choose to show you all this picture of my kids - shocking right? This was actually taken last Thanksgiving.

I was late taking that beloved family Christmas photo. Now it was crunch time. I wanted the perfect location. After all, this photo is displayed all over households for the next month or two. We had to make it good. I decided on venturing out to the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis. They have this lovely observation deck that over looks the Mississippi River. The only editing I did was convert to black and white then cropping.

Next week's challenge:  Bold colors.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

There is always a fall day that I lay out my families clothes - they run away screaming! They know that this means "Christmas Card Photo Shoot"!!! EEKS!
Yours is lovely!
Thanks for popping by my place!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

I love this picture! :)

Jeanna said...

How sweet are they? Love the black and white!

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

Ricki said...

What a beautiful photo! Your kids are adorable and the background is fantastic!

Asha said...

Cute picture and great blog! I'm your newest follower and hope you'll share the love by following me back at ashareyes.blogspot.com

Happy Thursday!

m&msmommy said...

What a GREAT picture!!! Love it! :)

Jennifer Salter said...

Adorable kids :) And you can NEVER go wrong with black and white :)

ps. I'm following you now :)

Little City Farm said...

The black and white really sets off this photo and the background adds a nice touch.

Kate at Dream To Life said...

Such a gorgeous family!!!

TinyStitches said...

You have a beautiful family! Christmas card pictures are so hard, and you did a great job. Love that it's black and white.