Monday, June 20, 2011

Miscellany Monday. Weekend update.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


Oh Happy Monday! As I figured I would, I really need a weekend from my weekend. Here's a little recap:

Friday night was spent outside in our yard digging. We are trying to make it look pretty, like real grown ups live there. Just some basic landscaping which is turning into a pain in the arse. My Husband works with alot of contractors in his line of work, so he was able to score ALOT of cedar mulch at no cost. BONUS. It's hard work to dig up sod - plus add a baby in the mix who has lost interest in the exersaucer and no longer cares about the BIG AIRPLANES that are flying overhead. I would not fare well as a laborer I can tell you that much. Any who, we decided it was worth it to hire my younger cousin to come dig. Done with that digging business. I prefer to direct, the head Foreman if you will.

Saturday was Parade day. Both girls were in the Parade. Ella with the Girl Scouts (she carried the big banner) and Taylor with her Cheer team. The forecast was rain and more rain. It was looking a little questionable out there but we came prepared. 1 large golf umbrella and 1 regular umbrella. We got our seats early, so we wouldn't have anyone sitting in front of us. Or not. A family of 6 came and sat practically on top of us, and another woman and her son sat right in front of us. I was annoyed. They didn't ask, just moved on in. Oh don't worry, move right on in. Oh and please smoke your cigs right here, yep, that's it. I don't mind, neither does my baby. Jerks. P.S. There were PLENTY of free space across the street. But hey, who am I. We saw Ella come by and she was smiling so big. So proud. Famous almost now, was the look I read off her face. So cute. So she joined us after she was done and we waited to see Taylor. We were really looking forward to watching them perform. Then it started sprinkling, I actually welcomed it. The "Intruder's" were not prepared. They were getting soaked. HA. We sat and smiled, dry under our umbrella's. They scampered away. See ya. Then we waited. We saw Taylor rounding the corner, then the downpour started. I mean, it was turning into a circus. We quickly grabbed all our stuff and "ran" for the car. I had on flip flops and those are really fun to run in, with a baby and a golf umbrella. One hand on each. Oh, my long skirt was getting soaked and getting heavier and heavier. Jack was enjoying it. Ella was enjoying it. That's about it. We basically just had Taylor run back with us and we were out of there. I asked if she was able to do the routine at all and she replies "yeah like 80 bazillion times!" At least we snapped a few pictures of her walking around the corner. We ended up with photos of both girls, mission accomplished. Here is Jack waiting for the parade to start. He enjoyed watching the cars go by, all the entertainment he needed.




Sunday was Father's Day. I got up early with Jack, let my Husband sleep in, cut up fruit, and I made a sausage egg bake which was so good! We had mimosa's to top it off. It was such a good breakfast if I don't say so myself! We then headed to my Grandparent's to spend time with my side of the family. Jack was in his new big boy car seat for the first time and he LOVED it. The girls picked out an Elmo movie for him and he could not stop smiling. Here he is (in his jammies, he had just woken up from a small nap and we were in a hurry....)



How. Funny. Is. He? I got another good one for you. My handsome hubs was feeding Jack his lunch and I could not help myself. He opens his mouth whenever dishing a bite to Jack. It's funny. I do the same thing but he "bites" too. Here you go! Try and feed a baby and not do this. Or try not to laugh. Your welcome!




That is my Husband Justin! He reads this too sometimes, HI BABE, I LOVE YOU!

We ended the night in bed with our Kindle's, he got his for Father's Day. It made me laugh, both just laying there reading our e-reader's. Just like any other old married couple right? I feel so lucky sometimes. Life is good.



3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That video made me laugh. And you know it did because you were right here. LOL

m&msmommy said...

Adorable pics!

I would have been SO annoyed by those "intruders" ESPECIALLY when they were smoking! I used to smoke but I would NEVER dare smoke around children and families. GROSS!

I was reading your Friday confessionals and I am SO glad that I'm not the only person that feels weird about bringing my children into the liquor store. Your right, it's not like everyone is getting smashed, but still, I agree! :) ANDDD, I HATE when my co-workers cut their nails at their desks! Too funny! :)

Good luck on the C25K! :)

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

such a sweet post!! So funny you said love you babe in the event he reads... my husband refuses to comment but reads mine... I said, do you like it? he says, its okay.... not sure why he won't comment but oh well... guess its just nice that they read it every now and then!
*make sure you enable your email so when you leave comments, I can email you back :) love your blog toots!