Monday, October 10, 2011

Vino = Calories? Meh.

A couple of days ago, I was wondering just how many calories are in a bottle of wine. Why a whole bottle? Well, just trying to keep it real and usually that's where I take it. Not just a glass, or two. Lately, it's the whole bottle.

Wine while cleaning = far more enjoyable time. Trust.

So, without further ado.... Here is what you should know. These figures are based on 25.4 oz bottles of wine, if you would like to break it down by glass, each glass is typically 5 oz...so divide these numbers and you will get your glass total.





RED WINES

655 Calories/bottle
Mouvedre, Zinfandel
645 Calories/bottle
Burgundy
640 Calories/bottle
Sangiovese
635 Calories/bottle
Barbera
635 Calories/bottle
Petite Syrah
619 Calories/bottle
Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Merlot, Claret, Syrah
615 Calories/bottle
Pinot Noir
610 Calories/bottle
Grenache
599 Calories/bottle
Carmenere, Lemberger
584 Calories/bottle
Gamay
554 Calories/bottle
Carignan




WHITE WINES

619 Calories/bottle
Pinot Grigio
615 Calories/bottle
Fume Blanc, Semillon
610 Calories/bottle
Chablis, Hock
605 Calories/bottle
Gewurzttraminer (huh), Pino Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc
599 Calories/bottle
Chenin Blanc, Reisling
559 Calories/bottle
Zinfandel White
483 Calories/bottle
Chardonnay

Moral of the story, make sure you work out everyday, that way you won't have to feel guilty right?!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Totally worth it. Who needs dinner. :)

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

or you could just jump to tequila and get there faster for less calories :) hah. too funny. My step mom LOVES her wine and refused to give it up for Weight Watchers so there ya have it... enjoy life and drink up!

P! said...

Oh my gosh. Wine while cleaning?! Why on earth didn't I think of that?? And I'm happy to see some of my faves toward the BOTTOM of their respective lists... relief!

Unknown said...

I came over here to see if you were interested in guest blogging? Read todays post

http://ardjla.blogspot.com/2011/10/inspire-someone-by-guest-blogging.html

to find out more & chose a topic {if you're interested}. I'm looking to inspire more bloggers as certain blogs have done me!

Check it out!

jess @ Stilettos & a fishing pole
www.ardjla.blogspot.com