Jack got his very first haircut.
I love a little boy with soft curls, love hockey hair even more (not quite the mullet stage though, that's sick).
However, I do not enjoy the "duck tail" look. Not for me. Not for my kids. My opinion.
Jack had some soft curly q's in the back of his hair, one right in the middle that strongly resembled the duck tail. Panic set in. The fear of having a child with a duck tail. Gulp.
Which takes us to Saturday morning, we all hoped in the car (minus 1 teenager who was watching cheer competitions). I even had my camera to document this milestone in his life. I mean, you only get your first haircut once, and I'm positive my Son is going to want 30 photos to show his kids someday right? Hopefully it won't be "see kids, Grandma was always this crazy."
We get in the car and he falls asleep. Uh oh. This could end very badly.
Remember we are trying to get our house on the market (current countdown is T minus 3 days), so every second in the day is assigned some task. We already had a soccer game at 2pm so we had to do the haircut earlier.
It only takes 15 minutes to get to the hair salon, so I was hoping he would be refreshed. At least enough to get his first haircut and maybe smile for the camera?! He did just that!
Despite the kid behind him screaming like they were cutting his ears off, the whole experience was a good one. Jack absolutely LOVED getting his haircut!
He giggled when she sprayed his hair down, laughed when she combed his hair and just stared in the mirror in awe of the whole event. He even loved the clippers. I think he related that to watching Daddy shave every morning so he thought he was a pretty big deal getting his hair cut.
He looks like his Uncle Chad now. Ha, ha! Here's Uncle Chad...
Ok, Uncle Chad still has more hair but still. The blonde spiky hair.
He looks so much older now. (There was an airplane going by on the photo below. He LOVES airplanes!)
So Mom's & future Mom's, take too many pictures, take too many videos and give too many hugs and kisses. They grow up too fast. Before you know it they'll be teenagers, plotting their escape from the house to hang out with their friends.
**************************
Which reminds me. This one pictured is my lyrical genius. I'll have to post some of her songs she's made up. She is also dabbing in the playwright sector as well. So. Funny. Someone got dumped in her last act. Ha, ha!
(Yes, it's 11pm on a Saturday night, she's 7 and dancing in her jammies. You only live once.)






8 comments:
OH MY GOSH, he is SOOO freakin' cute!!!!! I love the spikey look. Both of mine have the uncontrolable curly look, but I think it suits them well (or least I hope it does and I'm just not delusional! ;)
Every time you mention anything about teenagers my heart drops. I know it'll be here before I know it and I don't want it to come! ;)
She is adorable dancing her jammies! :)
ooh I love the first hair cut pics and glad you documented it on your blog!! My son was good for his first hair cut but now we just buzz it at home and you would think the trimmers had knives on the end b/c he HATES it and says it hurts. ugh.. I'm letting my daughter's hair grow for a while before we attempt a hair cut.. hoping her hair evens up a lil'... i need to get an xbox or a wii.. then I'll be in the loop!
Seriously! I love your children. Jack's facial expressions CRACK me up, and everything Ella does is amazing. No joke. You have good baby making genes. :)
He is so adorable! Just found your blog! Love reading! Can't wait to read more and get to know you!
thepresuttis.blogspot.com
Taylor
Oh my goodness, he is so cute. Wow, I love that little smile. Adorable!
awww i love his cute haircut pictures! Such a sweet post :)
Well, I hate that I am JUST now visiting your blog! But I so love it! You are so cute and so are your kids!!
Your daughter is beautiful (just looked at her photos from the dance. She's teeny tiny! I could fit her in my back pocket! Ha!)
Jack is adorable! Love that giggle/laugh in the first photo! Toooo cute!!!
Take care and I so will be back for more!!! Have a great week!
I just came across your blog and I love it! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment