Wednesday, October 5, 2011

For Sale!

 My entire life is being taken hostage by the potential sale of our home. Yep, that's right. We have recently decided to put our house on the market.




Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that Spring is the best time to sell. That's when everyone does it. More buyers you say?

Well, our Realtor (Hubs Fraternity Brother) says this time of year could also be a huge advantage for us.

Not many "good" houses on the market = Our house being one of the only "good" ones on the market.

So we are going balls to the wall. This house will be ready and on the market in 2 weeks. (kj;alsdflkj;laksdfas!) We were told, actually there's a spreadsheet to prove it, that the average home in our area, similar to ours, will sell on average of 50 days. But, it slows down after Thanksgiving. So we are going to give it a shot.

Lawd, please be true! Pretty please?!



If your familiar with the Minneapolis area, we have one of the 1950's 1 1/2 story houses. 4 bedrooms and one full and 3/4 bathrooms. Not huge at all. Perfect for that single guy or gal just buying their first home. I do love our house, it's just I feel like we are busting at the seams.

You know that feeling? Like on Thanksgiving, after you eat,  when you actually debate on unbuttoning your jeans because the relief would be that good.

So we have meet with the professionals and are well on our way working on our punch list. We don't have super big projects to finish - mostly painting and touch ups. Turns out that pretty pink and lighter pink striped wall in Ella's room has got to go. Say what? People wouldn't want that in their future house. Their loss. It's pretty dang cute if you ask me but I'll take their word for it. Oh and the fushia walls in Taylor's room? Gots to go.

We have been looking at homes that we would like to purchase and have toured some. One that I really wanted was gone in 30 days. Booo. We can't buy until ours sells. So we'll keep looking but our focus is more on getting our house in that "turn key" category.

So if your wondering what my Husband & I are doing late at night....it's safe to say we are scrubbing something or painting some wall.



The decluttering? Pretty sure our whole garage is filled with boxes of CLUTTER. Clutter that I cannot part with just yet. The bright side is when we do move, we're halfway packed (or more depending on how crazy I get with this whole decluttering thing.)





Any tips? Who's sold their home and has some great advice for me? What helps make it sell? Any staging advice? What will make this thing fly off the market? Wine helps. I do some of my best cleaning with a nice little glass of Chard.

Bottoms up! (Later tonight that is, after the kids have been fed, bathed, homework is done and religion class is over!)

2 comments:

P! said...

Yay for a fellow Minnesotan!! I wish I had a house to sell, but we're not buying a house until I finish school in Fargo, but then it's back home to find something on the east side of the cities, I'm thinking!! Wish I had advice on moving, but I "pack" by throwing everything I own in trash bags and tying it down in a trailer haha- good luck with that!! :)

m&msmommy said...

Good luck!!!!! I've never been a homeowner (hopefully one day SOON!) but I'm sure it's stressful/exciting/overwhelming, all at once. I hope everything goes smoothly! :)