Thursday, May 10, 2012

SOLD!

These last few weeks have been nothing short of crazy for our family. We finally put our house up on the market. The day after ours went on the market, we did what any other person would do and put an offer on our dream home. Yep, took that bull by the horn and bought a house before ours sold. Why? Because it was really what we've been looking for. For months. Nothing has been staying on the market long so I knew, it was now or never. I begged and pleaded, even cut some deals with my Husband and it is now ours. Well, mid June it will be all ours. Here it is, our new home...




After the initial excitement, we turned our attention to our current home. We needed that sucker sold STAT. Two house payments? No thank you.

After 12 days and 16 grueling hours of showings, it sold! Yes. It sold in 12 days. I thank my lucky stars for that small miracle. We were hoping for a sale within 60 days so 12 days was incredible.

Today, we have the inspection. One more day of "where should we go with the dogs now?" Showing your house with kids is hard. I mean really, I put out the "showing towels" in the bathrooms and while running through quickly to double check that our house looks like total non humans live there, I see it. The toothpaste chunks all over the showing towels. Showing your house with dogs? Even a bigger pain in the ass. You have to suddenly leave work, run home, put the dogs in your car and sit tight for an hour. Over and over. It's even better with a tired little boy in the car with you. Then you get to read the feedback. People judging your and your home. If you need some stress in your life, I highly recommend it.

We were so nervous it all wouldn't line up. Everyone kept telling us "it will work out, don't worry!" Thankfully, they were right. Everything happens for a reason right?

I had all these visions - our family seated around our dining room table, exchanging conversation about our day. Napkins on laps, children laughing, jokes being told - you know, the American Dream. Then, I'm hit in the face with clump of macaroni and cheese as it slides down my shirt and BOOM - back to reality.Who am I kidding? The napkins would be the first thing thrown from my 'just about 2 year old comedian, turned into I'm gonna shove everything up my nose now while you all eat.'

You know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

BIG CONGRATS for getting your home sold!! Whoohoo :-D And so exciting about the new home too!

m&msmommy said...

Congratulations!!! Your new house looks absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

Mrs. Mama said...

congrats!!!

Carolyn said...

I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I can't wait for those deck parties!!

Adrienne said...

Wow! Congrats on both the house AND sell! that's a miracle! So exciting :)