A couple of week's ago I was helping plan my brother in law's surprise party.
Only, he was in on it. Yes, you read that right. He knew about it.
His girlfriend on the other hand did not know he was in cahoots with me.
You see, he had been planning on popping the big question to his girlfriend since last summer. He just needed the perfect proposal. He wanted something that they could share with their friends and family.
Sometime in early December he approached my Husband (his brother) about throwing a fake surprise 30th Birthday for him and he would do it there. It would surely be a time when she did not expect it. He just needed some help from me.
After Christmas, I planted the seed in his future bride's mind. "How much fun would it be to throw a surprise 30th?!" I asked her.
She took the bait hook, line and sinker. She actually ran with it. Months of planning, messaging and excitement over this birthday party.
The party was a success! They came in, everyone yelled "SURPRISE!" He had the best poker face.
Then 10 minutes later he took the mic. It was supposedly a "thank you for coming speech". She had no idea.
She just sat listening to his speech, ready to take the mic away. Ha, ha!
Then he called her up front to thank her for throwing this great party.
And popped the question!
She said yes.
Then of course, I had to make a shirt for Jack to wear at the party.
It say's "My Uncle Chad put a ring on it."
Now don't worry... The baby did not stay at the bar for very long. Just for the "surprise" then some photos.
It was one of the cutest proposals I've ever seen! I cannot wait for the wedding plans, parties AND another great Sister in Law! Woo hooo!







6 comments:
omg cutest thing ever!! love it!
OH MY GOSH, what a great idea!!!! I'm sure she was shocked!
Love Jack's shirt! :)
Love this!!! :) I'm so glad he pulled it off!!!
That is such a great story! Congratulations to the couple!
That's so awesome and such a great story! Congrats to the happy couple!
The pictures captured the moment PERFECTLY!. She is going to love that she has those.
And how freaking cute and creative are you with the shirt?! Love it!
Post a Comment