Thursday, September 22, 2011

The night I met my Husband.

This is our very first picture together. I had officially known my future Husband for about 2 hours.

Why he didn't run screaming, I'll never know.
 


I did just finish the Twilight books right around this time. Maybe I thought I was part vampire? Photogenic I am NOT.

Let me back it up for ya.

It was two days after Christmas, the year was 2008. 

My good friend Carolyn called me to go out out for the night. It was going to be her, me, Jake (her bf) and 2 of his college buddies. I had never met either one of these boys. This was no hook up by any means (not intentionally at first anyways). Justin happened to live 1 block away, so they called him on the way to pick me up to see if he wanted to join us. He had just thrown in a movie and decided 'why not' and they picked him right before me. 


I remember getting in the car. Britney blaring, Carolyn singing and bobbing in her seat. I then introduced myself to my future Husband.

We went to a place called Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit or Gasthof's for short. A German bar nestled in Northeast Minneapolis.

At the German Bar, you can drink out of a large boot. Das boot:



That was one of my favorite nights. Pretty sure that German beer is way stronger.


It makes for interesting photo shoots with your friend. Pretty sure we me "the coolest girl ever" in the bathroom that night. After she had tossed her cookies. 


We also found balloons....

and did a photo shoot.


Love the nights you will never forget with people you will never forget!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

One of my favorite nights FO SHO!!! :)